Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using recorded sounds for functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobkane2002

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
GB
Just wondered how I would go about getting recorded sounds to play out for certain tasks in Windows i.e. when receiving emails, booting up windows etc.

Thanks.

Go into control Panel, if in category view, select "Sounds Speech and Audio Devices" and then select "Sounds and Audio Devices" otherwise just double click on "Sounds And Audio Devices" and select the "Sounds" tab. There at the bottom is a list of events for which you can change the sounds. just click on an event and then on browse, to find your recorded sound on your drive, and click O.K.
After you've changed everything you want, you may want to save the scheme. there is a little button at the top to save the sound scheme you created.

Hope this helps

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

What he said. Also I think if you are recording your own sounds you need to make sure they are in ".wav" format for windows to use them.

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back