Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using "wrap" gives a blank line

Status
Not open for further replies.

driggels

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
US
I have a report that fits nicely on one page. One of the field is long, but it does fit, most of the time.

When there are a lot of records, some of the data is longer so that the columns automatically get larger; sometimes this causes the report to be too wide and the report is spread out on two pages, which is not acceptable for this report.

I added a "wrap" to the style sheet and can control the width of one of the longer fields and this does work. However, as soon as I add the wrap, I automatically get an extra blank line following each row. This causes a 10 page report to be 20 pages.

This extra blank line appears after each row whether or not the field needed to be wrapped at the particular width.

How can I use the wrap function and not get an extra blank line displayed after each row?

Did you ever get the "wrap" to work in WebFOCUS?
I am having the same problem you were.

Thanks,

Leo ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back