Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using "Find" tool with Public Folder Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

spursboy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2004
GB
Hi, I'm in desperate need of help, my users are wailing!

I have a strange problem with Exchange 2000. I have two public folders used for storing contact information, these both sit off the same top-level folder.

If I use the standard "Find" button in one of these folders to search for a contact, no results appear even though I know the contact is there. If I select Advanced Find, the contact details appear!

In the other folder, both "Find" and "Advanced Find" work fine.

If I create a third folder, add some contacts from the public contacts folder that does work, the "Find" again works fine. However, If I import contacts from the folder that doesn't fully work, the basic Find facility again stops working but Advanced Find is fine. Weird...

I guess it must be file level security corruption on the contact files themselves?

I appreciate any help you can give.

I saw something similar last week that may be relevant (doubt it).

The Find was returning 10 misnamed users all the time and the users thought there were no results. Check the contacts in the folder by sorting by different fields (i.e. not standard contact view) and manually rename or refile the badly named ones. See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back