Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using QEDITOR in MASM32

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlav

Technical User
Oct 23, 2003
JM
I wrote the code below in QEDITOR of MASM32. Selected project, build all, from menu and got the following error;

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 000D-9CE8

Directory of C:\masm32

09/07/2004 10:34p 862 test1.ASM
09/08/2004 07:18a 2,560 test1.exe
09/08/2004 07:18a 676 test1.obj
3 File(s) 4,098 bytes
0 Dir(s) 23,516,590,080 bytes free
Press any key to continue . . .

Seeking help with a solution.

code:

Code:
.486                                    ;<- opcode set = lowest cpu the program will run on
.model flat,stdcall              ;<- flat memory model, with standard calling convention
option casemap:none 
include \masm32\include\windows.inc     ;<- this contains a bunch of Windows equates and structs
include \masm32\include\user32.inc        ;<- now we add includes and libs which support functions we want to call
include \masm32\include\kernel32.inc     ;<- most of your Win32 apps will contain at least these two "api includes"
includelib \masm32\lib\user32.lib            ;<- for every "api include" there should be a matching "LIB"
includelib \masm32\lib\kernel32.lib
.DATA
szMyFirstString db "Hello World!",0
szMyTitle db "Win32 Demo",0
.CODE
start:
invoke MessageBox,0,addr szMyFirstString,addr szMyTitle,MB_OK
invoke ExitProcess,0
end start

-x

That isn't an error, it just lists all files related to the one in the editor (test1.asm) so test1.obj is the assembled object code, then test1.exe is the resulting linked executable... :)

I don't see the output text "Hello World!".

-x

I selected the .exe file and chose 'run program' and got the output.

-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back