Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using PuTTY to bulk change set's programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
Hello everyone. I have a CS1000 at 7.6. I use Putty to connect to manage the system. Is there a script within putty that I can use to automate a large number of set changes rather than typing in my changes manually?

I know there are multiple scripts written in ProComm to do bulk changes just wondering if something similar exists for putty.

Thank you.

Nothing there for Putty.

You can use Aspect scripting in Procomm, if you can find a copy of Procomm to buy that is. It does work pretty well but being an older discontinued product it does have it's quirks.

I've heard of some folks using Rexx scripting. I have no idea how difficult that is or how well it works. There is an active forum here for REXX so maybe you could get help there.

Expect scripting in SecureCRT works, but the learning curve is pretty steep when your just starting with it.

If you have a system to work in your lab, test script with Procom, capture when you launh script, and save how txt. You will be able to paste it you can paste it through putty. I´m not sure if you can stick a very long block or if you limited to send or if you will have to paste in batches

Thanks everyone - I will check out the ones mentioned.

Yep I like Zoc as it has serial, SSH, RLOGIN, etc. and REXX script in built. Just like PROCOM you can record script while you make one change then use that as a basis for your script. If you get Zoc there is a good Help for REXX in built and also a forum on Tek-Tips

Scripts for PBX Administration Studio (site in Russian with Google translater):
m1adl.pas
m1ani.pas
m1authcodes.pas
m1bfs.pas
m1chg.pas
m1chgfcr.pas
m1clid.pas
m1cmdb.pas
m1cpypdtfiles.pas
m1dcs2csv.pas
m1delpdtfiles.pas