Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using project in interdev for asp project

Status
Not open for further replies.

goilaswati

Programmer
Mar 3, 2003
IN
sir

normally whenever i create any project in asp, i store all files individually in a virtual directory and call those pages. how can i create a project in interdev to include all those existing asp files.

swati

never tried this, but an idea none the less:

put all your includes in one file and just include that file?

- Jason

www.sitesd.com
ASP WEB DEVELOPMENT

That works very well actually

Make a list of your common includes in a file then just include the list file.

just be careful of the possibility of an include including an include [lol]

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

You can Right Mouse Click and add files in interdev project browser window (I think it's called that, been a while since I used interdev).

Then you get into the working directory/live directory scenario. So you change the files in the working d

ok

already tried that. now when i already have an asp project, i already have a directory which is my virtual directory. for e.g. if i have stored all my .asp files in directory project1, project1 is my virtual directory. when i access it from my internet explorer, i type: . this is how i open all the other files in my virtual directory project1.

right.......

but
when i create a project, i have to give it a name for representation, i can not give it the same name as the virtual directory(it does not accept). if i copy the files to some other folder and give it another name, the url simply does not open, since we have not created a virtual directory by that name.

so we are stuck.....

any suggestions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back