Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using PrintJob in Flash with FireFox browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherwoodclark

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
US
I am using PrintJob to print a movieclip that is masked by another movieclip. I rotate the movieclip (and the mask) to get a landscape orientation when I print. Then I rotate it back. I move the content movieclip under the mask and print multiple pages using the PrintJob.addPage method. The script works just as I expect it to when the web page is viewed in Internet Explorer, but when I try it in Firefox, the page is printed with a black background.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. Any ideas what might be going on in Firefox?

Thanks

make sure that you have printasbitmap set to true

myPrintJob_pj.addPage(0, {xMin:216, xMax:706, yMin:40, yMax:410},
{printAsBitmap:true});

Thanks for the suggestion.

I added {printAsBitMap:true} to and that didn't fix the problem. Here's some more info. The flash file containing the movieclip I want to print is on an HTML page enclosed in a <div> tag. If that is the only <div> I have on the HTML page, printing works fine in FireFox (It always works in IE6 and IE7). HOwever, if I add additional <div> tags, with style=visibility intially set to 'hidden', printing with PrintJob in FireFox includes the black background. The additional <div>'s contain popUp window content (flash content) made visible through javascript.

Thanks again for your help.

OKAY, I found the problem. I had the SWF file wmode set to 'transparent.' I had to set it to 'opaque' to get the printing to work as I would like. Everything works as I expect now in both FireFox and IE6-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back