Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Pre-Commit Trigger for Error Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

taqmeena

Programmer
Mar 22, 2005
PK
i have made a Function named validate_Changes which Fires in Pre-COMMIT TRIGGER AND Validates The Form Fileds are They Blank or The Required Values is entered as Required.
( i know it can be used in When-Validate-item
Trigger and other Triggers but i dont want it in This way ).
when Pre-COMMIT trigger Executes This Function if a Field is not Entered Property Then i show alert as Required and then i use The Statement
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE
when i raise the Form Trigger Failure it generates several Errors.

Kindly Tell me What Statemment SHould i use instead of RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE that Stops The Commit or Insert Process BY applying in Pre-Commit or Pre-Insert Triggers and then Applying Go_item() Cursor Moves To The Item That Generated This Problem.

Are you sure you want to use the pre-commit trigger? This fires only once for all the rows you are committing, so if you have more than one row to validate, only the current one will be validated in the trigger....

Any pre or post triggers are restricted - you cannot navigate from within them. You should reconsider your form design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back