Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using PC Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

leddleman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2003
US
My office has recently installed PC Anywhere so that one of the attorneys can access our server from his office in another city. The problem is that right now he is accessing our server through another computer. So this computer is tied up and also he is unable to access one of the software programs we use for timekeeping. My question is will he always have to have a computer tied up to access us or once the VPN issue with the router is solved this problem will be solved also?

Unfortunately, due to the concept and design of PCAnywhere the machine that the remote attorney is connecting to will always be tied up, if he is connected. You mentioned VPN; now if a VPN were in place he/she could just connect to your network and use his/her local machine in the remote office without having a need for PCAnywhere, nor your PCAnywhere host.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back