Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Outlook with Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosstalker

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
Is it possible to use Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2003 as an interface for Lotus Notes? I'd like to use Outlook as the gui if at all possible instead of using just the Lotus Notes application itself. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so, how do I set it up?

Email me at jody.bellizia@metriscompanies.com

Thanks in advance!

Outlook XP can be configured to be used as a front-end to Lotus Notes - there is a small file called the "Microsoft Outlook connector for Lotus Notes", which is available for download from the Microsoft site.

It's pretty easy to install, the only thing you have to ensure is that you have your ID file copied locally.

I'm actually trying to get this connector to work on my current setup (Outlook 2003, and Lotus Domino 6 as a back end mailserver), but no luck as yet - the connector flatly refuses to work with OL2003.

HTH

Matt

mattforbes,

Thanks for the response! I'm still having problems getting it to work as well. Keep me informed if you figure out a way to do this, thanks.

jody
dakota6352@yahoo.com

The Lotus Notes connector for outlook 2002 is only for LN R5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back