Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using outlook.application with OVC (outlook view control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamarw

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
US
Hi everyone,
I am using Office Pro 2013 and trying to use Access and the OVC with outlook.application object created in code. So...

First, According to much documentation the control should show a .folder and .view method which can be set to the desired folder (in particular the calendar). This method does not present itself when the OVC is added to the form (I made sure the 'reference' had been added and there is nothing 'Missing'.) The resulting message: "This control has no object" thus my attempts to createobject("outlook.application")

Other examples indicate the following:
[URL unfurl="true" said:
http://office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a=912[/URL]]
(Once the control has been added to the form:)
The control's initial Folder and View properties can't be set directly in the control's properties sheet; if you attempt to select a folder or view from the corresponding properties, you will just get this error: "The operation on the Microsoft Office Outlook View Control object failed". (me again, incidentally this was an unresolved reported error message in 2004 in tek-tips) However, you can set these properties with a few lines of code in the form's Load event:
Me![ocxOutlookView].Folder = "Calendar"
Me![ocxOutlookView].View = "Day/Week/Month"

Any suggestions? [profile] It seems as though it should be simple but it's not working for me. [sad]

Second, does anyone know if the OVC allows for Add/Edit of the calendar interactively?

Third, is it really necessary for me to instantiate an outlook.application object to use the control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back