Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlfliang

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
AU
We are planning to purchase some new computers with Windows XP professional and will have Office 2003 installed.

Our email server is Exchange 5.5 running on NT 4 server.

Can Outlook 2003 be able to access Exchange 5.5? Is there any known issue in relation to this?

Thanks in advance

David Liang

I am currently having an issue with Cached Exchange mode running in an Exchnage 5.5 environment. I have had an incident open for a week now, with no solution yet. They're supposed to contact me today with a higher level support team to see if they can fix the problem.

We started experiencing a problem with our Exchange 5.5 Outlook Web server. Several times a day the login page would stop displaying correctly. When the server was in this state, the IIS service would not shut down cleanly and I would have to reboot the server in order for Outlook Web to work again. After extensive troubleshooting, I determined that the problem was being was caused by our Outlook 2003 users logging into Outlook Web. I applied a hotfix to our Outlook Web server to fix the problem.
I also started seeing the information stores on the servers randomly crash with errors. It was the problem that jdeane has mentioned above. Applying the hotfix to the servers fixed the problem. Be warned though...apply this patch with caution it you have Exchange message journaling enabled on any of your servers. This patch broke an application that uses message journaling in our Exchange environment.

Thanks to everyone who replied my post.

I've downloaded these patches and shall apply them when they are required.

David

Thanks for the links. Since no one has yet used Outlook 2003, I'm saving these files for later. Has anyone else loaded these files without any problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back