Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Outlook 2002 with W2000 on a laptop over two sites. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

briansandpiper

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
GB
I have a laptop running W2000 which I log in to my home network (Wingate). i now would like to log in to an office network (using W2000 server). This can be achieved by setting up two profiles on the laptop, but then there are two "versions" of Outlook - one for each profile. At both locations I am using POP3 mail with three separate accounts, and want to collect all mail from both sites into one inbox. There does not appear to be a way of setting up a pst file in Outlook 2002 (XP) which can be accessed from both profiles. The program seems to insist on setting up its own default location. Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

Try using Tools/email accounts

click the change/modify email accounts and click next. Use the new outlook data file button to create a new .pst and make sure that the deliver new email drop down is pointing to the new file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back