Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Oracle Materialized Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecosta

Programmer
Sep 4, 2006
PT
Hello,
I'm using Microstrategy with more than two fact tables and i need to relate them. Does anyone have a suggestion on how can this be accomplished? I'm trying to use Materialized Views (Oracle database) but how can this be reflected in terms of Microstrategy project design.
Thanks and regards.

If your 2 tables are identical in terms or fields name, I think the path is MicroStrategy Partition mapping.

If you use Oracle rewrite and your 2 tables are at different levels, like hour and day. Then a report with the attribute hour in it would go to the hour table and if there's only day it could go to the day table..

I am getting 'time out error' while running the report. How can I solve this? What are the different ways?

Can you be a little bit more specific? What do the two tables have on them? What are the common columns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back