Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using OCX in ORACLE Forms 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsysoft

Programmer
Mar 8, 2002
AU
Hi

I would like to use Direct Skin OCX in to my Forms 6.0 to change the skin. The document says for C++ use the following:
w.LoadUIS("macpc.uis");
w.InitWB();
w.DoWindow((long) hWnd);

My question is how I can use this OCX functions into my ORACLE Forms 6.0 ? I never used OCX controls before within Forms 6.0 and any help will be greatly appreciated..

I created the ActiveX control and inserted the above OCX but I don't know how to proceed further...

Hi
I think u won't get all functionality of the OCX in forms. I tried to use DATAGRID of VB in forms.....but in vain....may be i have not tried that much....but it was hard to understand how to programm for that
any way all the best
regards
sachin

There is nothing complex in using OCX in Forms. The only drawback is lack of portability.
1. Add OCX control to your block (single-record recommended)
2. invoke menu by clicking right button on this item and chose Insert Object (select control type).
3. Set Control Properties from property palette (at this moment your item should be visible via layout editor)
4. Import interfaces by invoking Program/Import OLE Library Interfaces...
5. Write your own event handlers and make other things you need.
6. Feel free to ask a question to somebody with positive experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back