Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using NWDir to Search in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrne1

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
I need to search our Novell system for a user's name and return a value for the user. I thought I would use the GW Address Book control for this but everything I have read so far points me to the NWDir control.

Basically, I have a person's name (Lname, Fname) that I want to use to search Novell/Groupwise and return a value (say phone number) for this person. Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

First let me say that I am NOT a programmer (once upon a time maybe, but not now). That being said here goes...

The book you need is NDS Developer's Guide published by Novell Press. It describes the I/O you need to get the values you want from NDS. There is a CD included with the book that I believe you will find helpful. GroupWise stores its data in NDS so you might as well use NDS as your source.

Because you are using VB you will need to create your "own" version of the APIs. I suggest you download either the C or Java SDK from to use as a sample. Joshua Rothschild
j.rothschild@dynamode.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back