Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using NFuse Classic with proxy servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbaker

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
US
I am having problems with a client behind a proxy server reaching my Metaframe XPS server. We are running NFuse 1.7 on an NT 4.0 Box and Metaframe XPS FR2 on a Windows 2000 Server Box. I have a client sitting behind a proxy that his administrators rules are all traffic has to go through the proxy server. My configuration as it currently stands does not allow for this. When you launch the ICA clients from the web site they try and go directly to the server not the proxy. I have multiple sites accross the country hitting the application server so I cannot hard wire in one proxy to the ICA template. I have tried the solutions from the Citrix knowledge base for FR2 that say that your supposed to be able to add the client IP and Proxy IP into the Nfuse.conf file under SOCKSProxy= , that did not work. I even tried useing some older solutions from Citrix to hard code the proxy server into the ICA template just as a test that wouldn't work ether. Has anyone had any luck getting through Proxy servers with NFuse?

docbaker,
If you want to use the local IE proxy settings you need to use the latest client (6.30.xxx)

On the Nfuse server, find the template.ica file (Program Files\Citrix\Nfuse)
Edit the template.ica file :
In the [WFClient] section, add this line:-
ProxyType=Auto

When you connect to NFuse it will now use your Proxy settings when lauaching an application.

Greenhoff's Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back