Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Netscape how can i download IE onto a computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
A client of mine uses netscape on her computer and removed IE. How can i get IE back on her computer? The Microsoft website wont let her download IE with netscape because of an ASP conflict. She is using Windows ME and doesnt have IE in the add/remove Windows components on the control panel. Ive tried to walk her through downloads from a few different sites and none of them will let her download it from netscape..
Any ideas????

Being Windows ME try looking for the iexplore.exe file and have the user run it. This should be IE.
Microsoft sites are funny this way. You can only download their products with their products.
Regards Please provide feedback, good or bad.
And I'm always open to new suggestions or ideas.

Regards

Ajnin,

I already tried that. Everything for IE is gone. She deleted everything. I wanted to try and pull it off her restore disk but those restore disks come with all the files packaged together and it wants to run a format and reinstall when she put it in the drive. I couldnt even walk her through browsing the cd because it wouldnt let her. Now I am down to having to reinstall windows just to get IE back.

End users gotta love them. Or else you may end up killing one.

Recycle Bin is also empty, too.

I take it the system restore feature that ME comes with didn't help either.

If ME had SFC that would definately help here.

I have one idea that might work but it involves downloading a download utility. The name of the program is Download Accelerator Plus (DAP). It's a useful tool and no it isn't spyware. When installing it I would not enable the browser integration though. Then goto this site (the download you've probably been trying), , and right-click on the download link and choose download with DAP. Please provide feedback, good or bad.
And I'm always open to new suggestions or ideas.

Regards

You can always download the setup files for her and then copy them to her system on removable media such as a zip disk or if on a network to a shared network drive.

When you get ready to download IE select the option to customize and then select the option to only download the files. You will download about 21 MB worth of CAB files and setup files. Then you can just run the setup on the machine at your leisure.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back