Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using multiple words in enumerated attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjohnson

Technical User
Jan 28, 2000
US
Why won't two word attribute values work in a DTD using the enumerated type? For instance:<br>The following gives an error - &quot;Invalid character found in ATTLIST enumeration.&quot; The marker points at the &quot;o&quot; in the first instance of the word &quot;one&quot;.<br>&lt;!ATTLIST ELEMENT ATTRIBUTE (value one ¦ value two ¦ value three) &quot;value one&quot;&gt;<br>If the values are changed to single words (valueone, etc.) all works fine.<br>Is there a way to use two word attribute values with this method?

Aloha<br><br>I've just started using XML but I'll hazard a guess. I think your problem is you've forgotten the quotes &quot;&quot; around the attributes. If this works, please post a reply so that I know if I am understanding XML or not.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

Thanks for the reply.<br>Unfortunately, that just moves the error marker to the first quotation mark.&nbsp;&nbsp;As I mentioned, it works with single word values (without quotation marks).<br><br>paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back