Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MSXML in a VS 6.0 C++ app

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas2826

Programmer
Jul 6, 2005
US
I have never used MSXML, so bear with me. I have a small C++ app that receives a message via another app. The message received is XML format but is contained in a string and not passed as an XML doc. Stuck with this, nothing I can do about this part.

So, I need to implement MSXML, I am hoping this is the right path, to load the string into an XML doc and parse through it. Does anyone have or know of a simple example of how to do this? The xml string I receive only has 2 elements, so this does not have to be a very involved example with lots of bells and whistles. Just looking for the basics.

BTW, I am using MSXML 6.0.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

Troy Schenk

Don't really know whether VS6 supports MSXML6. How complicated is your XML? Is it just a few <> with no complicated stuff like DTDs and XSDs?

If it is simple, try tinyxml. It is so simple, I got it running in 30 minutes. Comes with examples, dsws (VC6) and slns (VC7/8).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back