Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MSGraph via MSAccess

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschomer

Technical User
Aug 1, 2000
US
I have a couple of questions about using MSGraph.

1. I developed my chart through the wizard. When I am editing my line graph how do I edit MY data rather then the MSGraph "SAMPLE" data? My data includes more lines than the sample data and I can'f figure out how to manipulate the format for the additional lines etc. How do I switch from the sample to my data.

2. How can I copy an existing chart and then point to new table or query data. I tried the record source without success. Seems like I have to create my graphs all from scratch rather then cut/paste.

Hi,

As you see in the Forum, charting is not a well practised use of Access - I have spent days compiling a db for my boss and my main advise is to take your time and think logically !

1)The data in the chart is pulled from the table the data is in. If you need to edit the data, then use a seperate form to edit the data in the table.

2)The chart should ideally be based from a query, so I have found the best way is to copy the query and make the appropriate changes there, then copy the chart form and as you said, adjust the record source

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back