Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MS Project as a tracking tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan1987

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2010
US
Hello, I have limited MS Project skills and have been tasked to create a tool with MS Project to help track the real time status of several individual projects. I am trying to figure out if MS Project is the best type of program to use for this. The projects I am keeping track of have different deliverables and milestones and do not necessarily have deadlines. I feel like with MS Project for each task you need to determine how many days it WILL take instead of how many day is actually took. Our project environment is fairly dynamic and constantly changing. Is MS Project the right choice to TRACK projects without projecting their deadlines? Would it be better to just create an "unofficial" deadline? I'm sorry if this is confusing...I am fairly confused myself!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back