Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MS Access Query in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarDav

MIS
Oct 26, 2006
US
I'm new at using Crystal and I'm having trouble connecting to a Query that I created in an Access MDB file. I use the Database Expert and connect to the MDB file, but Crystal does not see the query within the MDB. Any suggestions?

Does the query in Access have parameters? Also what version of crystal?

There was in v8.5 a known issue of using an access query with parameters as a data source. The workaround is to connect directly to the access data, not the query, and use Crystal to query the data.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

Hi, I figured it out. It was under 'Stored Procedures' listed under the database name. I am using the MS Access Database driver (DAO), and yes the Access query has parameters and it links 5 mdb files. Now onto designing the report layout..ugh! Thanks for your input. I'll be back-no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back