Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using mouse scroll with lotus 123 release 5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmfilippi

Technical User
Nov 3, 2003
US
Is anybody there who may help me? I had lotus 123 release 5 installed on Windows XP Home platform and i could use the mouse scrolling wheel all right. Now that I bought a new DELL Inspiron 8600 with XP Professional I can't get it working.....

HELP

I had the same problem, which happened only in 123 - scrolling in all other programs worked perfectly. I was told to install Microsoft Intellimouse software. Bingo! It worked instantly and perfectly.

But was your mouse an MS one? Mine's Logitech, and I don't have the 123 scroll facility. I CAN install Intellimouse if it will help, but don't want to clutter up the PC if it's unlikeley to resolve the issue. ;-)

I have a logitech optical mouse and had the latest Logitech drivers but scroll in Lotus didn't work. So, I uninstalled my Logitech drivers, rebooted, installed the latest Microsoft Intellipoint drivers, selected the standard wheel mouse model, and Lotus scroll feature worked!

Thanks - I solved it differently in the end. On Logitech's Mouse Properties I deselected "Use MS Office compatible scroll only" and now have full scrolling in 123. I don't know what features I am missing becasue of this, but nothing has shown up yet!

BTW - Logitech's latest drivers for the cordless optical mouse are pretty emasculated. Had to go back to an older driver (9.41) to get the "Scroll Lock" option for the thumb button - they stripped it out of later drivers!

I downloaded the driver for Intellimouse Optical... which apparently is the same as for the Intellimouse... but I still cannot scroll (or as MS calls it: auto-scroll) in 123r5w in Win XP Home. Oddly enough, at work, where I use Win 98, I wasn't able to auto-scroll with my HP wheel mouse until I downloaded the latest Logitech driver for a basic wheel mouse. [neutral]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back