Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Month Name as Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
I am creating a schedule report that lists each job by its actual scheduled ship date. I want to add a header to group all the jobs for a single month together. What can I do to be able to use the actual name of the month, ie. November, in the header on the report?

Thanks,

One way is to simply format it -
Code:
MonthName(DatePart("m",[your_date_field]))

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Traingamer,

It was working great. Now when I go to print the report, it is asking me for MonthName, I hit enter leaving the space blank and then I get a error on the report. I did not change a thing. Is MonthName a function that coverts the numeric month into the month name? I cannot find out anything about this sort of function

Maybe format (yourdate, "MMMM")

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

It seems to be a problem with the MonthName function. The program is just not recognizing it.

It was working great...
Was that in a query? Or a report? It should not stop working unless something changed.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back