Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Modules to Export Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnfrantum

Programmer
Oct 23, 2001
US
Is it possible to use modules to export data at regular intervals? I have been tasked with finding a way to automatically export to a flat file on a periodic basis for upload to MS SQL Server 2005.

I have already created an .adp project for the MS SQL 2005 destination database, but the data in question is shared among two separate Access programs; one of which is unable to change to .adp at this time.

If you have a solution and would like to share it, perhaps, with some examples, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
Donald

I haven't tested it, but it seems like the Timer event would work.

Randy

How might I write/access the query and export it? To be fair, I have little to no experience with Access. I am a MS SQL guy and we use SSIS to complete these tasks.

Thanks in advance,
Donald

Export for what purpose and for what application to use?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I think I might have solved my own problem. I think I am going to access the data via SSIS and not try to write an export program in MS Access 2003.

Thanks again,
Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back