Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Microsoft Graphics in PageMaker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

schikore

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
I am working on a document of several hundred pages in PageMaker, into which I am importing graphics from Microsoft Design Gallery. They have been printing out and looking good, until I picked up a virus and had to re- install my system. Since then, most of the graphics have a grey box around them when printing (this doesn't show up on the screen) and I can't figure out how to eliminate it. This happened once before, and just "messing around" I got rid of it but I never knew how I did it. Can someone of you experts tell me how to get rid of this box. Thanks in advance - you have been of enormous help to me a couple of times before.

hi,

Probably the links to the graphics are broken. So you go to the File menu> Links Manager. Now you get a list of the used graphics in the document. Wherever there is a question mark at the end of the line. You must tell pagemaker where to look for the graphics. You do this by clicking on the specified grahic and then click on "Info" Now you can browse azround to the place where the specified graphic is and select the graphic. Voilà PM knows where to look and things should be normal again.

hope this helps
grillhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back