Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using .mdb with Access 2010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliy

Programmer
Aug 12, 2008
US
One of the facilities I work with has an Access application that the other facilities want to use. I got a copy of it, and it's an .mdb file from an older version of Access. When I open it with Access 2010 it behaves like an executable versijon - I'm at the main menu of the application and can't switch to Design View.

Is there some way to convert the .mdb file so that I can manipulated it?

Thanks, I tried it. It let me look at the reports, but not the tables.

I can open one of the reports and click "View Code" which then also lets me see the Forms, but not the tables.

Note, I'm very much a newby with Access.

when you say can't see the tables, do you mean they are there but you cannot edit them or you actually cannot see them?

In the left hand navigation pane, is the filter set to 'All Access Objects'?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Try opening the database by right-clicking it, and click on Open while holding down the Shift key.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

I think I figured it out. I was only seeing reports in the left hand pane. There was a down arrow in the line where the heading for Reports is. I clicked that and it showed Tables, etc. as unselected. I clicked on Tables and now I can see them and manipulate them.

Thanks for the assistance - I'm sure I'll need more as I go along.

In the left hand navigation pane, is the filter set to 'All Access Objects'?
I was only seeing reports in the left hand pane.

Yes, hence me enquiring, as it caught me out the first time I moved from 2003 -> 2010, wondering where all my objects had vanished to!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back