Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MAS 200 workstation from Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick62

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2004
US
Hi
We are trying to install one of our work stations in Asia at our own Mill in Asia. Can somebody tell me whats the efficiency of using MAS 200 Client in Asia. Server and other work stations will be in USA.

Will it be as fast as using in USA? What are the basic requirements for running the operations smoothly in Asia using MAS 200 Workstation. May we know what would be the advantages and disadvantages of using from Asia.

Thanks a Lot.
Rick

You could probably run the client over the Internet. You're problem is going to be printing. The graphic forms will print very slowly. If you turned off the graphic forms that would help. Most of my clients in similar situations with remote offices have used Citrix/TS which will overcome the speed issues with graphical form printing. It's never as fast as sitting in front of the main computer - but it is very acceptable.

On the low end side I've had clients also go the PC Anywhere and GotoMyPC route and that works as well. PC Anywhere can be a bit trickier to setup but will accomodate remote printing. I'm not sure that GOTOMYPC accomodates remote printing -- though it certainly si the easiest to setup.

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

Remote Desktop works pretty good.
you can enable printer for local printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back