Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Mailx with sco 5.5 to send to mycompany.com account

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc97

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2003
US
Hello all.

I am trying to send an email from Unix to my local email account at me@mycompany.com. I currently do this in Linux and it works easily as the mail is forwarded to my exchange server for delivery. I cannot figure out the configuration files in unix. I can email my user account on the unix box but not out to me@mycompany.com.

I telneted to my exchange port 25 and I sent an email manually but I can't find the configuration file to relay the mail using mailx in SCO.

Is this possible?

thanks.

mattmc

sendmail or mmdf?

sendmail = /usr/lib/sendmail.cf
mmdf = /usr/mmdf/mmdftailor

I have mmdf. It is at /usr/mmdf/mmdftailor. I am not sure what I need to edit or how to edit it.

Here are my specifics. My exchange server 192.168.1.1 My domain myco.com This sco unix box 192.168.1.2

All I would like to do is to be able to cat output to my mail by relaying through my mail server. I have done this in linux
by using [ cat myfile.txt | /bin/mail -s "here is the text file" me@myco.com ] and it works great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mattmc

I haven't used mmdf in a loonngg time.
What is the error message when you try and send the email?

Does your dns/hostfile resolve myco.com to your exchange server?
You could try it as me@192.168.1.1

No error message.

The mail acts as if it sends but it never arrives.

I tried me@192.168.1.1 and it gave no errors but I don't receive anything.

Any other ideas?

thanks.

mattmc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back