Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using <(less than) in CFQUERY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cturland

Programmer
Sep 25, 2000
GB
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a problem but I've noticed that when I use a < in my CFQUERY, ColdFusion takes it as being the opening of a new tag. I know this because the closing </cfquery> is two different colours.

I'm not getting an error, but I'm slightly worried it might be affecting the load time of the page.

Does anyone know if this is a problem? Can I use any other syntax rather than '<'?

Thanks,
Carl

You should be fine using < in a Query. I'm not sure of your exact syntax but this would be OK:

<CFQUERY name=&quot;Mine&quot; datasource=&quot;mine&quot;>
Select *
From here
Where ID < 10
</CFQUERY>

Thats pretty much the same kind of syntax i'm using. If you put that into a CF page though you will see that CF is picking it up as an opening of a new tag.

As long as it is not affecting the page I guess its ok?...

hey Cturland

It's still early here in california but I think what you're talking about is the color coding in the CF editor?

IF that is the case then yes, you're fine don't worry about it. Otherwise let me know what colors change.

I use Notepad so don't talk to me about color changing (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back