Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Logic Corp MPT boot.How do I stop getting error message? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotmatrix48

Technical User
Aug 28, 2008
US
How do I stop the Dell Precision 650 from stopping with every boot to this message, "Press F1 to continue & F2 to enter setup"? Pressing F1 allows the PC to loads Windows XP successfully. The PC is using LSI 1020/1030 SCSI Adapter and successfully installs the Logic Corp MPT boot rom. Is there a way up getting it to go straight to the OS? I would appreciate any assistance I can get with this problem. Thanks.

Be more specific on the POST messages right before it tells you this...

Burt

Hi Burt,
Thanks for your response. As the PC starts, I get these messages:
Primary hard disk drive 0 not found
Primary hard disk drive 1 not found
LSI Logic Corp MPT IS BIOS
MPT BIOS-IS-5.02.32
Dell workstation build
....a table is than shown of the hard drives installed
LSI Logic Corp MPT boot ROM successfully installed
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility

When I strike the F1 key it than loads the Windows XP OS

I checked the setup utility but there is no way to disable the PC from looking for the Primary hard disks since they are SCSI drives and not seen in the regular BIOS.

Is there a way to bypass the message "Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility"?

I appreciate any assistance you can give me.
Thanks,
Dot

It's not instructed to boot from the native RAID/disk controller, or what it sees is messed up in BIOS. Go into the controller setup (F2) and poke around, and see if this is the boot device. Otherwise, go into CMOS setup and look to see what hard drives it's supposed to know about.

Burt

Thank you so very much for your quick response. All I had to do was turn off the auto detech hard drives in the controller setup (F2). Everything is great. Loads right into OS. Thanks again. Dot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back