Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using jmxremote to monitor java app

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas2826

Programmer
Jul 6, 2005
US
I am just learning about the app montoring features available through JConsole. I am using jdk150_06 to monitor an app in development locally on a Windows PC. I set the property (-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote) on the statup of my app jvm. I run JConsole, the JConsole comes up, sees the JVM, I connect to it and everything seems ok. I want to pull a heap dump of the app to look at in the Memory Analyzer plugin tool available in Eclipse 3.5. According to all the doco I see in JConsole I should see a "com.sun.management" MBean registered in which I can specify a location for the heap dump and generate one. However, I don't see a "com.sun.management" MBean in my JConsole.

Wondering if anyone has done this before? Am I looking for the wrong thing? Is it maybe my JDK version or something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back