Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using jdm from the core to manage edge swithes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDN2007

Vendor
Apr 10, 2008
JO
Hi All,
I have this problem.
I have 2 Nortel 420 stacks connected to a 3510 switch and the 3510 switch connected to an hp core switches, I create 1 vlan on the edge switches with id no.10
And create the trunk up link which is member in vlan 1(default vlan) and vlan 10, when a put my laptop on a port with default vlan id=10 I can ping the core put not the
edge switch (so I can’t mange it through JDM) but when I put my laptop on a port with default vlan id=1 I can mange it through the JDM but can’t ping the core)
I need to ping the core and in the same time mange the edge switch in the same time (I need to manage it from the core)
Thanks for your help.
Best regards.

Sounds like you have the managment vlan set as vlan 1 on the 420's. under vlan configuration there is an option to make a vlan managment. change this on vlan 10.

thank you andy88,
it work properly.

best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back