Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using IRR in a MSAcess Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prog76

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
I need to use the IRR function in a form with fields on the form as the values in the array. Could someone send me an example of how they did this? Is it possible to use the function simply as the control of the control source for the text field?

AS long as you doin't mind the slow down of the process, you can add a reference to an excel library and use the functions directly. It takes a biy to get the args 'straight' but it does generally work.

The alternative is to get ye olde standard text book and generate your own function. Older copies of most spreadsheet programs had manuals (and occassionally even help files) with the generic formulas for many of the standard financial functs which -sans error trapping and some niceties- could be used by most programmers to generate their own routines.

MichaelRed
mlred@verizon.net

MichaelRed: Your response sounds like the IRR function in ACCESS is not available. It is available as long as we are talking about the same function as referenced by you in Excel. I have never used the function but it seems to be self explanitory. Am I missing something here or what. Just trying to learn about a new function and if it is the same then Proj76 should be able to use it in the control source of the form control, Yes???

Post back with your thoughts.

Bob Scriver
[blue]Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886[/blue]

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ... MMM

just haven't thought to look into Financial functions in MS. A. in a while. Bob you are correct it is already directly available as an intrinsic function so no need to go the long way around referencing Excel.

I'll have to check into what other financial (and perhaps stastical) functions I've been carrying around in old modules which are now superfrlous. Thanks for the gentle nudge toward going back to the books.

MichaelRed
mlred@verizon.net

Thank you both. I was finally able to figure this one out. I could not run the IRR function behind the code of the form while using control values from the form, for some reason, so I had to create a function within a module and then call it from the form. Odd isn't it. I guess this all sounds simple now that it is fugured out. THANK YOU so much for you responses.

Alesia Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back