Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using IP hardphone from remote location

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodyk

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
US
I'm an IP phone novice and need a little basic help. I have a few IP phones deployed in 2 sites to 2 different Definity's. How do I get a 4630 phone in site B to register to the Definity at site A? It keeps trying to register to it's local Definity and coming up with an 'invalid extension' error. I manually put in the IP address for the site A CLAN, but to no avail. Thanks for any help with this.

I'm assuming there is a route between the two sites. Have you tried hard coding ALL the IP information into the phone on site B to point back at site A or just parts? Everything on the site B phone should match the IP information for a site A phone except for the Router and phone address. If your phone pulls TFTP files from the site B server, your config files could be overriding your call server IP address. Just a guess on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back