Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Inverse Kinematics to make a box bend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazza203

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
GB
Hi,

This is my first post on this site and I'm really stuck with something I want to create a box shape that bends in the middle using inverse kinematics. I have drawn a simple box. 40 x 40 x 40. I have them placed 2 boxed exactly inside the middle of the box, the first one stretches from the top of the box to the middle exactly and the second from the middle to the bottom exactly. I have then used the select and link button to link each bone to the box by selecting the box first and then dragging it to each bone. I then applied an IK limb solver to them and selected the top bone to be the parent bone and the bottom bone to be the child bone. Was this the right IK solver to use? I have another small bone sticking out of the bottom of the box that was drawn automatically. Does this matter or do I need to get rid of it? I then applied the skin modifier to the box as I was told I would need to use this and I see I have a number of parameters I can change, the problem is I dont know which ones? What have I missed that I need to make the box bend in the middle?

Thanks,
Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back