Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using inline frame as target frame 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastorwill

Technical User
May 24, 2007
US
I am new to this forum and have created a webpage using the precision-friendly layout grid (incredible feature), yet I need to have all content open in a target frame in the lower right portion of the page.

So I chose an inline frame and it works great layout-wise with the initial image I chose. Now I need to know how to make this a target frame for the 5 other pages linked on the left sidebar (essentially my navigation bar). Is there a way to do this with inline frame? Is there a better approach for this type of functionality in GoLive? If so, please advise - just note that PRECISION LAYOUT is KEY ...this is a site for an architect firm! Thanks!

First, make sure your inline frame has a name:
< iframe src="inf3.html" name="right"></iframe>

In my example above the iframe is named "right".

Now set the links you want to open in the iframe to target it by it's name:
< a href="inf4.html" target="right">Click Here</a>

GoLive's inspector has a spot for the target setting that you can type the name of the iframe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back