Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using HOST with 6i forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
I just created a 6i form that uses a host command.

HOST('START ftp.exe -s:c:\temp\ftp.txt', no_screen);

The command works as expected until I run it from 9ias. When I try to run the form web based, nothing happens. There are no errors, it just doesnt work. I expect that there is a problem with the HOST command running on 9ias. Is there any way I can work around the problem?

thanks for any suggestions

HOST does not work in a WEB environment. It will try to start ftp.exe on webserver. You will probably need some java files and these might have to be signed java files(.jar.sig). The user machine will need a script to be run to access the .jar.sig. Don't have this close to hand. last job. try oracle metalink. that's where i got it

Daniel.

Hi bookouri,

Have you resolved this issue?
I'm suffering from the same problem...

Mike.

no, i gave up.. wish i could give you better news....

Found a solution to this - it is a Unix path environemnt problem. On the mid-tier box, edit the '.env' file used by your forms. Find the PATH variable and add the results of doing an "echo $PATH" on the Unix side oracle account. Works fine for me now.

Hope this helps,
Mike.

Ill try that, Ive been twiddling with the path in the regsitry because that was suggested as a fix, but none of the fixes said to muck around with the .env file and path there.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back