Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using History.go by partly specifying a URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDL

Technical User
Jan 1, 2001
AU
I display search results in a page and when the user chooses one of the search results he is directed to another page. There the user does some processing(many times the form in that page gets submitted) and when he clicks Close button I should display the search results page with the same search results.
I heard that we can user History object using the Go method by partly specifying the URL like History.go("Part of the Search URL"). I am using IE4.0. Can anyone let me know how to do this? Thanks a lot.

there's two way to do this

you can use the history :
the following button navigates to the nearest history entry that contains the string home.netscape.com"
<INPUT TYPE=&quot;button&quot; VALUE=&quot;Go&quot; onClick=&quot;history.go('home.netscape.com')&quot;>

but i think the better way is to stored your search query element in hidden form and to call the page and research ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back