Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using GETDIR()

Status
Not open for further replies.

StewartUK

Programmer
Feb 19, 2001
GB
I found thread1254-1301901 which was extremely useful, thank you MikeLewis & FatSlug (what a name!).

So I've got GETDIR([o:\patricia\pix],[ctext],[Pick a picture file],16648,.t.)

I got 16648 from NewDialogStyle(64)+BrowseIncludeFiles(16384)+NoNewFolderButton(200) which does get a nice list of files, but adding the 200 removes the shortcut menu.

I had a look at the various pages these 2 mentioned. I was hoping to find a reference to viewing as thumbnails. Any ideas/leads on that?

Thanks,

Stewart

Hope that helps,

Stewart
PS If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Hi Stewart,

Using [] for name expression is useful, bu are you sure you want [ctext] to be a name expression? looks more like a variable to me.

Regards,

Mike

The square brackets are string delimiters (as are single and double quotes). You use parentheses for name expressions.

Tamar

Thanks, but I was just using cText as a dummy string while I experimented at the command line.

Regards,

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back