Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Fuzzy Lookup with a For Each Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

strtech

Technical User
Oct 30, 2006
US
I have created a package that imports an Excel spreadsheet into a SQL table but it has to perform a fuzzy lookup first before importing. That works fine. The problem is, I have approximately 2000 spreadsheets to import. They are all in the same directory.

What I would like to do is to have it import all files that are in the directory. I put the Data Task in a For Each loop container and it does import all of the records from each spreadsheet; however, it ignores the fuzzy lookup field after the first run. Therefore, all of my records has the same id field that was found when the first fuzzy lookup field was found. This is my first time using this method and am obviously missing something. The message that I see when debugging states that the Fuzzy Lookup can be removed because it is being ignored in the For Each Loop. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back