Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using formulas to calculate 'Details' data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendo469

Programmer
Jul 5, 2006
GB
Hi,

I use CR 8.5 Standard linked to Symposium ACD.

Using the example below of a weekly performance report which has 'General' Monday to Friday with totals and then 'General Xfer' Monday to Friday with totals.

What I want to know is can I import/create my own Overall Totals Report Sector to add up the individual daily totals for each Group Header to give me an overall Total by day of week. I have tried using a SubReport but it has not worked.

GH1 - General
D - Monday 50
D - Tuesday 80
D - Etc...
GF1 - Totals 130

GH1 - General Xfer
D - Monday 20
D - Tuesday 10
D - Etc...
GF1 - Totals 30

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ken.

You can try using Running Total to capture day totals and then display at foot of report.

If RTs do not work then variables will usually capture data you require.

Ian

You have single field grouping which are getting you data as 'General', 'General sfer' and you have field to desplay day of the week for a value data in your view(/table).

Put Why don't you put a 7 formula which gets non-zero value for the day of the week it falls and zero if it does not fall on that day.

And use these formulas in with summary function is your report footer section of your report.

-SN

You could insert a crosstab in the report footer that uses dayofweek as the row field. If you are currently getting the day of week from a date field, use a formula like the following for the row:

dayofweek({table.date})

Then while it is highlighted in the crosstab, click on "group options"->customize group name->use a formula->x+2 and enter:

weekdayname(dayofweek({table.date}))

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back