Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using features on Telco Lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have the 4 port internal PSTN board I want to know is there any way I can access anyone of my lines and use the features that are offered by my provider. Like call forward *72 so I don’t tie up 2 lines on my system when forwarding a call offsite for the line that was dialed.

From FreePBX Community user w5waf
Try creating a couple of custom extensions -- 772 to start call forward, 773 to end call forward.

In the dial field, for 772 try something like ZAP/g0/*721NPANXXXXXX and for 773, *731NPANXXXXXX.

I've got an older box with "ZAP" channels, so you'd use the appropriate dial string for DAHDI. I think it is the same replacing DADHI for ZAP.

If you're unsure what the dial string is, you can go to the asterisk command line and watch the log output as you dial a number. You'll see the syntax to use.

It MIGHT be necessary to put a "w" (wait) command or two in the dial string after the 72 and 73.

Once you have this working you may use the 772 and the 773 extensions in your dial plan, like setting up a "Day/Night" button on the phone.

Was going to try this but decided to port the number to a sip provider.

Thanks theislandtech I’ll try that, do you know if I can pick the line I want to forward? Maybe by setting each line as its own group and build 8 extensions 2 for each line? The reason is that they want to forward each line to a different number.

port numbers might relate to channel number
your dial string might not need 11 digits(1NPANXXXXXX) adjust as needed
DADHI/1/0/*721NPANXXXXXX
IIRC DADHI/chan/group/dialstring
g0 = group lowest to highest
G0 = group highest to lowest

Seems like a small system. Why not just put the one trunk in it's own route with a access code of 8 or something? Dial 872xxxxxxx.

It will be later this week before I get back to this if you guys thank of anything else let me know and I'll try it. Like always thanks for all the help

Just wanted to let you know I still have not been able to get back to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back