Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using existing SQL 2000 data table in Sharepoint Services 3.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dembyg

Programmer
Oct 20, 2001
US
Hello all, I am new to the sharepoint Service development environment. I have been task to create a site with existing SQL 2000 data onto to our company sharepoint site which is hosted. I wondered if any of you would happen to know where i could find some instructions on how to do this.. I have looked myself and i found ways to create a dataview but the data view doesnt give me a way to insert... all help is appreiciated.. thanks

If the host can accept and host your SQL data, look into InfoPath forms.

If the data must be hosted at your site, you could create an internal ASP.NET application, and create a Web part on your hosted site that points at the app.

If the data is not required to be hosted internally, you can export it to a spreadsheet and use that to create a list on your hosted site. The data would be managed on the list going forward.

HTH,

Phil H.
Some Bank
-----------
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Thank you for your response I will try what youve suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back