Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Excel to link to BO

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickjar2

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Does any one know how (with a code example) to access Business Obj reports and import them into excel? I have posted a few questions to various forums and no-one seems to know. Hopefully someone here will.

Cheers,

Nick

I was under the impression that BO would export it's report data into Excel. If that is what you are looking for it may be under a "Save As" function. I also know that BO has a Add-In for Excel called BusinessQuery.

There are also a number of articles on their web site like this one.

In BO open the report and start the data manager.
Click the view button, wait, click the export button.
Choose the Export to Local File and get XLS from the format pull down.

Cheers for that. But i was wondering if i could set up some code in excel to do some automation.ie. open BO, open 2 reports refresh with a parameter value (user chooses the month) and import both reports into excel. All this from the click of a button. Or, create an app in BO to do this instead. Basically so the user doesn't have to do anything apart from open up excel or bo, click button, choose month and bingo, excel has 2 worksheets within the same xls file.

Cheers,

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back