Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using envelope on circle to get petals 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

david35

Technical User
Jul 20, 2007
I am trying to transform a circle shaped picture (non vector) into a flower type image...

THIS...

INTO THIS...

USING the shape within the petals and circle in THIS...

Am I clear and is it possible???

thanks for any help
david

If you're working with a non vector image then switch to photoshop.

If that first image is actually the image you want to slice, then recreate it in illustrator, draw your cut lines, then select your cut lines and click object - path- divide objects below. then they will be sliced like a pizza. you may have to ungroup them, and move them apart.

the base image is just an example, the images that I actually want to use are photographs...can these be vectorized using livetrace in CS3???

Also, its not actually slices but I'm looking to squeeze a 1/8 section of a circle into that region defined by a flower petal and the circle, so that when it is cut out and assembled nothing is missing...

I appreciate your help...
david

...when you say cut out and assembled, does this require specific dimensions, cut out by hand, or die cut using a cutting tool?

...when the whole piece is assembled together is the end shape a circle or flower petals?

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back