Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using DTS to query data and write to XML file

Status
Not open for further replies.

skurpyun

Programmer
Jun 19, 2002
US
Hey folks,
I have a problem with using DTS to write an XML file. And I am only now beginning to toy with XML, so forgive my lack of knowledge/experience with SQL 2000 and XML.

I have a DTS package that is called from an ASP page. When called, this DTS package queries the database for data, then writes the result of that query into an Excel file. This works perfectly. Now I am trying to extend this by having a similar DTS package query the database using the "[COLOR=red yellow]for XML AUTO[/color]" keywords. The returned 'string' then should be written to an XML file. How do I accomplish this?

I tried to simply write the returned data to a file named 'EXTRACT.XML', but to no avail as the returned value is not a resultset nor a string in the normal sense. Or is it?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has gone through a similar issue, how did you figure it out?

- skurpyun
"Yes, I do have an afro!"
[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back