Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using drop down menus to enter query args

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shippwreck

Programmer
Oct 20, 2003
GB
I'm using Access 2002 and when i run the query below it brings up a little box to enter the argument.

SELECT DISTINCT COUNT(Admin) AS [Admin Count No]
FROM [Event Applicants]
WHERE [NHS Trust]=[Name of Trust];

for this to work the user must know exactly how the field appears in the table. I was wondering if there was a way of turning this box into a drop down box. If that is possible could i go one step further and use a different table to provide the arguments for the drop down box.

any ideas would be good,

thanks

Did you every figure out how to add a prompt to a query that gives the user a drop down list of the information contained in the fields? The reason I'm asking is that I just joined this forum to see if I could get an answer to this exact question.

tiger33

The thread that koresnordic posted answered my question, but not with what i wanted. Apparently the only way to get drop down fields is to use forms and VBA. Unfortunately i don't know VBA so it's on my to do list to learn ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back