Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using downloaded Pdf's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterb7

Technical User
Apr 3, 2005
GB
I have been getting requests from users to purchase adobe, so that they can fill in dowloaded pdfs and then email them back.

I am concerned that if you did this without the permission of the owner, then this would be a misuse of copyright. Am i right in assuming that if the author intended their form to be used in this way then they would have designed it so? Otherwise the users will have to fill it in print it and post.

Any thoughts?

Acrobat Pro allows the creator to create forms that can be filled in on the computer. If it's there, you can safely assume that the creator intended it that way. It's become a very common use. The latest Adobe reader will allow your users to do this.

Full Acrobat, gives the cteator full control on what the recipient can do with the pdf, from even opening it without a password, to printing, to editing some text, to cropping, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back